To become a regulated health profession, as a unified association and be the voice of manual osteopaths in Nova Scotia.
To promote the highest standard of safe and ethical manual osteopathy, support our members and ensure the continued advancement of the profession of osteopathy within Nova Scotia.
- To uphold membership standards/competencies which meet or exceed benchmarks of education as per Canadian standards.
- To foster positive relationships with osteopathic associations both nationally and globally
- To represent and promote the NSAO and osteopathy to the government, insurers, healthcare professions and the public
- To promote and prepare for the process of regulating manual osteopathy by the Nova Scotia government
- To ensure the continued educational requirements (CEUs) of our members