The Nova Scotia Association of Osteopaths (NSAO) was established in 2006 to provide a unified voice for Osteopaths in Nova Scotia.
Our Goals are as follows:
- To protect the public by upholding national and international standards of competency in Osteopathy, thus ensuring that the best quality of manual practice osteopathy is provided to the people of Nova Scotia.
- To increase the visibility and understanding of osteopathy among Nova Scotians and the role that it can play in health care.
- To provide current and reliable information regarding osteopathy.
- To represent and promote osteopathy to governmental, legislative and healthcare bodies. Osteopathy is not currently regulated in the province of Nova Scotia.
- The NSAO is starting dialogue with the department of health to become a regulated profession.